Tuesday I was given the morning off to head to the DMV to get my TN license. OH what a nightmare. DMVs are never fun, but this trip was crazy. Apparently people don't always show up for work at this DMV, and they were down to four people running the DMV for the entire county. I arrived when the doors opened - at 7 am and was there until 9:40 - and there were only 3 people ahead of me in line to get their new residence license. Every 16 year old in town was there to get their license and they filled the waiting area with nervousness, it was contagious! After an hour waiting, I felt like I was going to take my driver's test for the first time and was reading over their shoulders to get a peek at the study book. Of course I knew I only had to take a vision test, but teenage uncertainty and fear dominated the waiting area. I finally got my license, and my picture is definitely not the best picture of me. I had to surrender my NC license, but luckily I can order a new NC license online (that one has a great picture of me!).
Wednesday morning Scott left for Texas for his two interviews and he was NERVOUS. The drive was 12 hours, but he got stuck for three hours in traffic around Dallas. He drove past signs for Shreveport, LA which is a key spot in the Sookie Stackhouse series, and so he took a picture for me. Coming home wednesday night to an empty apartment was depressing - I'm not a fan.
Today was been preparation for tomorrow - the all encompassing DANCE MARATHON will happen! We've been working hard on it, and so I hope that it does not disappoint the students who have put soo many hours into making it a success. The directors of the Vanderbilt Children's hospital have seen all the press on the event (three newspaper articles this week and a couple radio interviews) and so they are excited and coming down to see it for themselves. No pressure!!! We have four families that have children who are admitted in the hospital coming as well. Again, no pressure! Oh, and the DJ backed out on us on Friday so I've been scrambling to find a replacement who will donate his services. As of now, everything is in place. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but I have been baking brownies and cookies all night so we will have some snacks to go along with the 200 pizzas and subs that have been donated for the night. The event doesn't end until 2 am, and then we start clean up - so I could not get home from work until 4 am. Now that it is a long work day!
In fact, I am going to go to bed early so I can get a good rest before the craziness of tomorrow begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment