Today was another cold day in Clarksville and I woke up craving Greek Food. Clarksville has most of the standard chain restuarants, but so far we haven't found a Greek restaurant. I needed some new work clothes so we decided to drive to Nashville to go to the nice mall. The green hills mall is very ritzy, super snazzy. Last weekend Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman were spotted shopping there for Valentine's day. There is a Luis Vitton, Tiffany & Co, Lacoste, Burberry, Coach, etc. The only store that I shop in is the NY & Company because they have petite sizes. They also have a panera which is a place that I miss terribly, I can't believe that a city the size of Clarksville does not have a Panera. We went in and I bought bagels for the week.
I was still craving Greek food so we used the GPS to find a Greek spot. We found four of them, and they were all closed on Sundays. And for that matter, pretty much every store was closed on Sundays. We finally found one that was open, but they didn't serve dinner until 5 pm, and it was only 4 pm. So we walked a couple block away to an Irish Pub and had some beers and fried pickles which were delicious. I love fried pickles, don't knock them until you've tried them! When 5 pm finally rolled around, I got my Greek Gyros and cucumber dressing. It was so worth the 45 minute drive to Nashville. If you are ever in Nashville, you need to eat at Greek Islands - yummy!
I get homesick for Greensboro now because I miss having all the food options in my backyard, especially the P.F. Changs, Pita Pit, MiMi's Cafe, and Panera. But Clarksville has introduced me to Papa Murphy's which is a pizza place where you buy uncooked pizza and bring it home to bake in your own oven. And fried pickles. They really are a treat.
While we were in Nashville we drove by Vanderbilt and Belmont Universities. They are right across the street from each other - tight spaces for all those brilliant minds! I also got to see the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital which is where the money raised from the Dance Marathon will go. All in all we had a great day driving around Nashville looking for Greek food and shopping at the celebrity mall.
Also, Twilight comes out on DVD in one month! The student workers have a countdown going- we are pumped!
No comments:
Post a Comment