Tennessee has some great landscapes, lots of rolling hills and mountains to break up land. I do really miss North Carolina trees though - great big, green, old trees. There are alot of tornados here which might have something to do with the lack of big old trees.
The temperature FINALLY warmed up this saturday, and I was determined to soak up every bit of sunshine while it lasted. Saturday was supposed to reach 70 degrees, so I found a nearby state park with hiking trails and Scott and I went to see some Tennessee nature. We found a place called Beaman State Park in Joelton, TN. We did a ridge line hike and then went down the ridge line to follow a large creek that leads into the cumberland river at some point. All in all we walked around 5 1/2 miles. It was a gorgeous day and we had a great time. After spending all week in an office chair, it was fantastic to stretch out. I have the Appalachian trail trip in March, so I should probably be doing more hiking anyway.
Alex:
ReplyDeleteWe've been enjoying your blog...since your mom shared the "address" with us, I hope you don't mind our reading...this is my first attempt at posting a comment...I did try to post on Eugenie's site yesterday but got some weird error message which I attributed to the whole language/translation issue. So...I'm trying again with yours...sounds like you are adjusting well to the grown-up working world and to TN in general. After such a cold week, we've all been outdoors this weekend pretending spring is almost here. Hope this post is successful....