This weekend I was determined to have a lazy weekend since next weekend I hope to go canoeing on the Green River in KY and then the weekend after I will be driving to Boone for Trevor's Appalachian Orientation.
On friday I went with a friend to a Bluegrass mini festival that happens once a month at this city park out in Green Hills (really rich, where all the famous people live) area. The mini festival happens on the nights of a full moon and they have three bands play on stage while anyone else who has an instrument is encouraged to bring it and pick along with others - so there are dozens of groups playing bluegrass all over the park. The mini festival goes until 11 pm and is really cool to see under a full moon. There were tons of families there and the kids all had the glow sticks - it looked like hundred of neon colored fireflies twirling around in a big field. I am excited to go again next month and get there early for a seat closer to the stage.
On saturday I took my gift card given to me by Mrs. Georgevitch to wal mart and spent the whole thing on groceries for the next two weeks. It was awesome. My kitchen cabinets were bare of food, I don't know how they get they way because I feel like I am always buying food. After my shopping spree, I headed to the city pool for the afternoon with a friend. Austin Peay has a swimming pool, but its usually full of students so I figured it might be nice to get away from that setting and go somewhere where nobody knows me a staff member. It was a hot hot day and the pool felt great. I applied plenty of sunscreen and didn't end up with a sun burn.
This past week I have started taking water aerobics classes at school - I go on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a 45 minute workout. Its not too difficult but it is a workout and I really enjoy being in the pool when the waters warm. These classes will go on all through the summer until classes start. This upcoming week doesn't look to be too much fun, I have a dentist appointment, some major meetings, and a presentation to give to a group of 50 high schoolers.
No comments:
Post a Comment