So soon! I get off work at 2 pm today and we are driving directly to Savage Gulf to start our backpacking trip. The past two nights I have packed and unpacked my gear trying to be as minimal as possible in what I bring. Ive gotten it down to basics, and this morning we weighed our packs and mine is 25.4 pounds and my friend's is 36 pounds. This includes all the water we are bringing too. I have three liters of water that I am carrying so that is where most of the weight is. Here is a list of what I'm bringing (because I know Dad will want to know details)
Food:
3 packs of tuna (lunches)
1 pack of chicken (already cooked)
4 cereal bars and one sandwhich bag of dried cranberries (breakfasts)
Red Beans and Rice
Summer Sausage
blue box mac n cheese
pitas
dried milk
fork
mess kit (frying pan and bowl)
trail mix
Gear:
Rain Fly and tarp (friend is carrying the poles and actual tent)
Jetboil
sleeping bag
sleeping pad
pack cover
rain gear
3 liter camelbak
1 naliegene
Clothes/toiletries
Extra shorts
Long Sleeve
Long pants
extra socks
extra underwear
bathing suit (we're going to see alot of waterfalls)
toothbrush/paste/ baby wipes
advil
flip flops
I am very excited, I just hope the weather decides to cooperate. Its been beautiful all week, and the forecast for the area said it would be great.. but today I checked the forecast and its a little gloom and doom : http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/airquality/local/USTN0340?lswe=monteagle&from=searchbox_localwx
Fingers are crossed for good weather!
Here is a link to where we will be if you are interested http://www.southeasternoutdoors.com/public-lands/state-parks/savage-gulf/savage-gulf-index.html
No comments:
Post a Comment