Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving in Southern Pines
















For weeks Jasin, Kelty and I had been planning out and packing for our big week long trip to Southern Pines . We loaded up the Subaru after Jasin's climbing competition and drove the nine hours straight to Southern Pines, taking off three days of work. Sadly, when I got home on Saturday we learned that my grandfather Bob had passed during the night from a nasty fall earlier that week. This was a really sad way to begin the holiday season and I was anxious to get home and see how my dad was taking the news.
Kelty did really well sleeping 99% of the nine hour drive and she LOVED running around the back yard with out a leash. Jasin and the guys spent alot of time raking the leaves in the back yard and Kelty spent hours chasing sticks and balls and leaves. We relaxed for several days and went to Raliegh to see Harry Potter 7 in Imax which was awesome! By the time thanksgiving came around we had a packed house at any given time. David, Fonda, Ryan, Lisa and Grammy, and Trevor plus myself, Jasin, and Kelty (plus mom and dad) were all together for Thanksgiving. Jasin and I helped make dinner and I even carved the turkey. The apple pie seen in the pictures are Brianna's famous apple pies that Jasin and I made since she was unable to join us for the holiday. We spent the day after thanksgiving at a memorial service for Bob and were joined by the rest of the Howard family. The service was very sweet and touching. Friday evening I went out and got my hair cut - about ten inches chopped off and donated. I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment