Whew! What a week – weekend! This week was my last week of summer exercise classes which was really sad, so no more group yoga or water aerobics for awhile. On Tuesday I went to trivia with some friends at a new spot that we have been to once before. We came in second place!!! There was a tie breaker and we made our big comeback for the night. We won a $15 gift certificate (which we will use this coming Tuesday as we return for another shot to be champions). Thursday night was active as my friend Bri and I went to our usual trivia place but found it full and an outdoor concert going on in the downtown area. So we watched the concert for awhile and then picked up a pizza and movie for the rest of the night. Friday involved myself going on a new bike route which was amazing - 8 miles in the area behind where I live. After my bike ride I headed over to meet up with some friends at a local eatery and then back to Bri’s house to watch some TV. Saturday morning bright and early I headed to Chattanooga with some friends to go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River. We had a great time, the weather was perfect! In the pictures, the guide was trying to get my friend R.J. and I to “ride the bull” which means to sit on top of the front of the raft and hold on like riding on a bull. I struggled so much with this (as you can see in the pics) and was floundering around in the raft as we went through some rapids. It made everyone in the raft laugh. After our whitewater we went to Lookout Mtn to see ROCK CITY! It was gorgeous and we really enjoyed it. Dinner and a night out in Chatanooga meant that we didn’t get home to Clarksville until midnight. Sunday afternoon found me and two friends riding our bike out in Ashland City on the rails to trails bike route – we did 16 miles and it was HOT!!! Sunday night I had several people over and we grilled out like champs. Grilled chicken, corn on the cobb, peppers, mushrooms, zuchinni, squash, and burgers. We ate like kings. And now I have work tomorrow and I am indeed exhausted. A great weekend though J
No comments:
Post a Comment