Sunday, August 9, 2009

VA weekend!

This weekend I went up to Fancy Gap for some bike riding on the Virginia Creeper Trail. I have ridden on the New River Train many times, so I was excited for something different. I took thursday and friday off of work and met mom thursday night in VA. We spent friday going for a three mile walk on the New River trail (with pepper) and then went to check out the farmers markets on the country roads. Mom scored some fresh corn, peppers, canalope, figs, cherries, and mushrooms which we threw on the grill for dinner. Dad and Trevor joined us Friday evening and Saturday was spent in Damascus and Abingdon, VA where we rode the 30 + miles of the VA Creeper. I had just gotten my bike back from the bike shop (for a little tune up) and it rode wonderfully for me.   

I about crashed my bike when I saw this old friend on the trail.. AT!
Cows in the creek


I have now hiked, camped, and biked all over this state park 




No comments:

Post a Comment