Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting hectic!

Whew a busy, rainy week! The weather really messed up my outdoor activities, but I was able to try some new things. Work is getting crazy with school starting soon and I know that by the end of the month my life is going to insane. I am very excited about a service trip that I have put together for students in sept. I have a canoeing trip planned and its pretty much already filled up with students who want to go. That means I get to spend a saturday on the Green River and get paid for it. Life is good. This weekend was a lot of fun. Friday night I went out to eat with some friends and went to the movies. Saturday I slept in and then went for a long bike ride to be followed by several hours in my hammock reading. Saturday evening I attended a memorial service in Nashville and then headed out to the local brewery for some pizza with some friends. And somehow I ended up with a new grill. It was an active night to say the least. Today I was supposed to go climbing with a friend but it has rained so much this week that its too wet to climb. So instead I think I'll take my bike out for another ride. This week will be a short week for me as I am taking half the work week off and heading to VA to meet up with Mom, Dad, and Trevor. We are going to go biking on the Virginia Creeper for about 30 + miles. I am really looking forward to it. I also got my own phone line and a new phone this week. Its a fancy phone, way more than I need or really want - but its mine now and I'm going to have to be careful with it (a.k.a. no more dropping my phone everyday). 

Here is to hoping for a drier week to come - a week of grilling and biking!

No comments:

Post a Comment