Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lazy saturday in my new hammock



I realize that this spring is maybe the first time I have experienced the actual spring season. At home it goes from cold to hot in about a week, while here its been a slow progression of cold and rainy to mild and rainy to warm and rainy. Yesterday it was 75 and sunny and so I got off work early to go hiking at Land between the Lakes which is near Kentucky. It was a perfect day for a walk in the woods. Today its been cloudy and teasing with rain drops and about 70 degrees. I went to the baby shower for my boss and it was alot of fun. I was the only person there who wasn't married and didn't have babies on the brain. I got to hear all kinds of stories from these women that both terrified me and made me laugh about their kids. I went out to Target today and bought myself a hammock for my porch and then proceeded to take naps and read my book outside for the whole afternoon, it was wonderfully lazy of me. I had about half a pizza from last night left over and so I ate that as well while in my hammock. The kids that live in my complex saw me in my hammock and went running back to their parents saying that they wanted a hammock on their porch too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment