On Monday of our trip - we took off to Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park with our favorite outdoorsy couple - Dawn and Zach. Dawn and I went to high school together and spent our teenage years kayaking around Lake Waccamaw. This time we explored some west coast mountain ranges with our husbands :)You can see for yourself how beautiful it was!
We were gone all day exploring on Hurricane Ridge - with views of british coloumbia, mt. rainer, and the pacific ocean along with the rest of the mtn range - it was an amazing day with great friends.
On Tuesday, we did it all over again! Except we headed to Mt. Rainer National Park. When I look back on this National Park - all I can think about is how unprepared we were for what it would look like when we got out of the car and the "base" of the volcano. SNOW. Lots of it. everywhere, 4 ft deep! And I was in shorts and sandals - while other big burly mountain men were in all of the ice climbing gear. Yikes!
On Wednesday of our trip, Jasin and I had some wedding tasks to tend to - including the arrival of family members but Dawn and Zach went to the Pacific coast and Hohn rainforest and their photos are beyond amazing! Jasin and I will have to go back and visit.
We did go to Bainbridge Gardens on the island to pick out our wedding tree that we would plant during the ceremony - we picked a red cedar sapling:) Late late on Wednesday night we took the ferry over to Seattle to pick up Brianna at the ferry terminal on the mainland side. It was way past her bedtime but she was excited by the cool temperatures AND being across the country from all the mounting stress at work... and of course to see us too.
No comments:
Post a Comment