Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Howard/Wills/Lombardozzi/Owen/ Quigg do Seattle, Wedding part 3

So we had explored the mountains, now it was time to do some sightseeing in Seattle! Trevor, Brianna, Jasin's mom and dad, Jasin, and I all got on the ferry to Seattle on Thursday morning. In one day we hoped to lunch in the space needle, visit Pike's Market, explore the city, and then the ladies were going on a bachelorette sunset cruise. The weather was wonderful! A perfect Seattle day! Our plans to lunch in the space needle were derailed when we learned that dining in the space needle was reserved well into the week after, so after Dawn and Zach joined us we all dined at Montel's a famous, fresh seafood eatery IN Pike's Market. There were so many of us we had to split into mini tables - but the food was delicious. I had some fish tacos (amazing) and a bottle of smiling? wishing? pig beer, while Trevor and Jasin had fish and chips. After lunch we explored the Market - which could take all day. Dawn and I ooed and awwed at the fresh herbs and veggies and Brianna and I marveled at the dry pasta assortments. We looked at the fresh cut flowers and picked out the ones I wanted for the wedding. Of course we also visited the ORIGINAL Starbucks which had a line out the door. Then we headed to the monorail and rode to the Space Needle to check out the view from the top! We had a bit of a wait in line but we made it up for some great views! We were getting frustrated with our cameras because they couldn't capture the images we were seeing!A ride back on the monorail and we left the guys for a sunset cruise. Jasin's sister Anna had arrived from Ohio and joined us for some fun! We all gathered for an ARGOSY dinner cruise and Dawn pulled out a bag of magic tricks with a Boa and sparkles! I was all decked out and caught many people's attention as we boarded our boat. We were greeted with champagne, spectaular views of Mt. Rainer, the Seattle skyline, Brianna's Russian Sailors, and amazing buffet. I couldn't help but stare out the windows the whole time the views were amazing. It was a very relaxing evening and we all talked about our weddings, and growing up, and family stories. It was very comforting! Our boat docked around 9 pm and we got on the ferry to go back to the island - and everyone fell asleep on the ferry back!





more pictures on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment