Monday, October 25, 2010

I don't even remeber Sept. or October

And yet again, another beginning of the school year passes by and I am too busy to really process anything that is going on...
A brief overview:
Sept: School started, Took the service learning community students on a week long service retreat to a state park, ran the campus wide book reading program and brought the actual teacher from the movie "Freedom Writers" to campus - had over 2,000 people attend, hosted sunday night dinners for the service learning students every week, service projects every weekend.
October: Led a trip I created called Explore TN! to Chattanooga with 10 students - went to Ruby Falls, Riverboat cruise, Art Museum, Aquaruim, and Murder Mystery Dinner all in one day, Ran two major homecoming events and ran a concert that sold out with 1200 tickets - we had Uncle Kracker perform. Led an alternative fall break trip for 10 people to Atlanta and worked with homeless shelters.

Learned how to can and preserve things, including: jellies, jams, apple butter, pepper relish, cranberry sauce, tomaotes, OUR PANTRY IS STOCKED!

Got a membership to Sams Club and my apartment mates and I have been buying meat in bulk and using food vaccum sealers to seperate out our food.

My cell phone died, and I now am using Brianna's old cell phone until April when I get an upgrade.

The subaru got new brakes... my bank account took a direct hit.
Kelty went on her first camping trip and was not a fan on being stuck in the tent at night.

Got some pumpkins but havent gotten to carve them!

My favorite picture of Kelty experiencing her first fall camping trip.








Kelty on her first camping trip

Half the group worked on a fundraiser for a men's tranisitiona housing program. We went through 1,000 records to find the valuable ones - we found a $150 record! We raised over $2,000

SLC Retreat

Underground cave and waterfall.. Ruby Falls

On the riverboat cruise in Chattanooga

Uncle Kracker and "Shifty" the tour manager

No comments:

Post a Comment