After working the final work wee of 2009, I said goodbye to my Clarksville family as they headed home early for the Christmas holiday and I headed home on Christmas day. I was planning on having a quiet Christmas eve before flying home, but the weather was not in agreement. We had strong storms of wind and rain - so strong that we lost power for over an hour from the wind. So I lit some candles and was about to pull out my jetboil to make some spaghetti when the power finally came back on. I flew home on Christmas day - the same day that there was an almost bomb explosion on a plane flying into Detroit. When I got home we opened presents - I got Mom a cream colored fleece and a festive top as well as a Howard family calendar that I made, Dad got a new camelback pack from REI and Trevor got a black diamond climbing harnass. Oh and Pepper got a dog sized snuggie. We had christmas dinner after presents - Ham, Red cabbage with roasted chestnuts, wild rice, sweet potato casserole, and green beans with mushrooms.
Dad is spending his last week working before he retires on New Year's Eve, which means he and Mom are super stressed out. Trevor and I have been hanging around the house, eating everything we can. Trevor and Mom went to see Avatar at the IMAX while Dad and I went to see Sherlock Homes. On Wednesday I went to get my Christmas/ Birthday gift - Lasik eye surgery. I now have 20/20 vision and can see distances again! I have spent the rest of the week sleeping on the couch while my eyes heal. I head back to Clarksville on Sunday and start work back on Monday!
The recovery Eye Goggles that I have been wearing
No comments:
Post a Comment