
Brianna getting a snack of Christmas cookies

Jasin playing with the legos (I think he enjoyed the legos more than Austin did)

Jasin and Austin playing the Wii
In order to save up every vacation day that I possibly can... I have decided to work all the way up through Christmas Eve. This means I am one of the few people at work this week, and the building is so quiet! I have been very productive, but its been kinda boring. This weekend was very active. On Friday I went to Jasin's work's holiday party and mingled with his co-workers. The party was at a Hibachi restaurant and I enjoyed the steak and scallops on the hibachi grill. Saturday was a BUSY day. One of my co- workers has a 7 year old son and she needed a babysitter from 9 am - 5 pm while she and her husband went to Nashville. So I volunteered Brianna and Jasin and I for the task. I figured between three adults, we could handle a seven year old. WRONG! By 3 pm we were exhuasted. We played with the Wii, we played legos, we went to Subway for lunch, we went to wal mart, we watched christmas movies, we made cookies, we drank hot choclate, we played more legos. It was a fun day, but resulted in an early bedtime! I bought myself my christmas present to myself on Saturday , I got two new tires for my car. Oh the joys of being an adult. Yuck. Sunday night was Christmas for Brianna and I and we made a big dinner of Shrimp Scampi and exchanged presents. I got her the first two twilight books since she had not read them and all of her students make reference to the books and she doesn't know what they are talking about. She was supposed to fly home to Maine during the big blizzard of '09 and we were worried her flight would be cancelled.
4:30 am wake up call on Sunday morning as I drive Brianna the hour to Nashville so she could fly home in the blizzard. She spent a couple extra hours in various airports but luckily - she had the Twilight Books to keep her company and she called me to say she was now addicted to the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment