Goodness there has been a lot happening since my last blog post. I'm sure everyone understands that growing a baby while renovating a 113 year old house during the busy spring season for work - exhausting!
First house update: we he had the contractors working on completely redoing our upstairs - Jasin spent two weekends with some help ripping out everything Down to the studs. So far they have re framed and we passed our electric inspection. They just insulated and on Monday our 9 new windows will be installed and drywall will be hung.
Jasin also did some work in the yard & built a fence so the dogs could play fetch along the side yard. We had to buy a lawn mower & weed eater cause this grass / weeds keep growing like crazy.
Baby update:
Today we are just about 20 weeks pregnant - half way point! Unfortunately the morning sickness has stuck close to me and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I think I am feeling baby move around in my growing belly; feels like something is lightly thumping me for inside. We went for our 18 - 20 week ultrasound a week and a half ago, only to be disappointed that baby was still too small for the ultrasound. I think baby took it personally because my belly has grown a lot since then. I wouldn't say I have any cravings, more like each week I have a food that doesn't make me nauseous. Last week it was apples with peanut butter. Jasin and I planned not to buy anything baby until we hit 20 weeks, but the crib that we wanted went on sale plus a free crib mattress ( so we couldn't pass up that deal). So now we have a crib and mattress, although still in their boxes.
Family update:
Mom and Dad are off on their excellent adventure cruising across the Atlantic .. I heard from them and it went something along the lines of Dad was really enjoying the constant access to food. I'm pretty sure they will return in a couple weeks a little heavier than when they began their journey.
Trevor came to visit for Easter and got to see the house for the first time and his pregnant sister. He kept exclaiming "this is freaking me out!". He is off on some training for ROTC for the next week.
Jasin is off leading a backpacking trip this weekend and then in May he will lead a 100 mile trip through the Smokies for students, he will be gone for about a week. Jasin is getting more and more excited about baby as I get bigger and need him to bring me breakfast first thing in the morning.
Kelty update:
Kelty is not pleased about this "baby" thing. Sitting in my lap is her favorite place in the world, but no longer a comfortable option for me. She is not happy.
Mom and Dad Wills update:
It's babies everywhere! Two of Jasins cousins are due in June so they are attending lots of baby showers. They are coming to visit next weekend and we already have a nice long to do list for their visit.







No comments:
Post a Comment