Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Day 5
July 7, 2012
(Alexandra)
I slept almost 12 hours straight thanks to tylenol pm. Woke up not so sore, its amazing how the body can heal itself with 12 hours of lying down. We woke up to crazy mosquito infestation outside of the tent. I HATE mosquitoes. They are heartless, relentless. I am not in the best mood this morning, feeling kind of homesick? I am missing creature comforts for sure. My hair is now officially gross. We walked with Fred & the boys until lunch @ Garnett lake. We learned alot about the boys today. Forrest wants to be a business major when he goes to college - which prompted a long story from Fred about the great migrations in the US and how Americans will be going abroad to find jobs in the next 10 years. Today didn't look like it would be hard to we aimed for 12 miles. After lunch we only had 5 miles to go - but they were KILLER! By the time we arrived at Gladys Lake I was shaking in my boots. We met a lady today who hiked the Appalachian trail last summer and she said this was much more physically demanding. We also crossed paths with the 75 year old woman who rode with us on the bus to Yosemite. She started a day or two before us, so we have caught up with her. It doesn't sound to impressive as she is 75 years old. Tomorrow we reach Red Meadows and maybe a shower!
Love, Stinky & Tired
(Jasin)
Today was a long mile day, I think we did something like 11 or 12 miles. We stopped for lunch at Garnett lake with Fred and the boys. They ended their day short, and we kept going to make some good miles and lessen tomorrow's miles. We pushed ahead and went another 4 or 5 miles to Gladys Lake. There was a lot of up and down that afternoon but we got to the lake and found a great campsite. Alex got a little emotional, I think she was just tired and has been pushing herself and I am proud of her. I went up to watch the sun set and I was amazed at the view. Fred and the boys said they were going to make it to Reds Meadows tomorrow which we thought would be tough almost 15 miles or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment