Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas in Ohio


This Christmas was my first white christmas EVER! And it was awesome, lots of snow every day, I got to bond with Jasin's parents and sister and his brother -in -law, and I met a ton of his family. On Christmas eve his family has everyone over (about 30 aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and significant others) to their house for a huge potluck christmas dinner until midnight. Kelty was there among all the people being a very good dog and never bothering anyone's plate. Jasin has some very enteraining family members, but then again, so do I :)
Jasin's Sister Anna & her husband Andrew

Christmas Day we all woke up to Kelty kisses and went downstairs (and it was snowing) and opened presents around the tree. His family has a specific seating arrangement and pecking order to how christmas presents are opened - the newest/ youngest person opens the first present and everyone watches - then the next person opens there's and then the next, etc. one by one we go around in a circle opening presents. His family had been doing this the same way every Christmas since Jasin can remeber. I even got Christmas gifts! I got a strainer/ grinder/ seed remover for canning fruits and vegetables, a candy making kit, pjs, a Kindle from Jasin, borders gift card, a new crazy creek chair for camping, and a bunch of other stocking stuffers. I got Jasin a beer brewing kit since he loves trying new beers. Kelty got all kinds of yummy treats from Jasins family and a huge bone from santa that she carried/ dragged with her everywhere. After all the presents were opened we ate lots of leftovers with Jasin' grandma and then played dominos and went for a walk at a nearby park with Kelty through the snow.
The day after Christmas we went up to Cleveland to have lunch with some of Jasin's college friends and played more board games with the Wills family and their close fmaily freinds. I was introduced to a new game called "bananagrams" which you can find at borders. Its a mix between dominos and scrabble and alot of fun. We left late in the day on Monday after having lunch with Jasin's grandmother. Jasin's grandmother lived in New Bern, NC when her husband was stationed in NC. She absolutley loves NC and the small coastal towns and has even been to Ocracoke and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment