I'm back! I spent the last 10 days canoeing and camping in the 10,000 lakes of northern Minnesota outside of "the coolest small town in America", Ely, MN. We took two days to drive the 16 hours from Clarksville to Ely and left on July 2 (Jasin's 29th Bday). We put into Nina Moose River on a very wet and rainy Sunday morning and canoed 10 miles to an island for the night. We fished every day and I caught three northern Pike fish, all good size too! We paddled everyday and sunbathed, explored islands, and interacted with some funny wild animals. We had to portage our gear over islands go get from lake to lake, which meant carrying the canoe on our shoulders and carrying all our food. Dinners included chicken quesodillas, Asian Seasme Chicken, Pesto Tortellini, Jambalya with sauage, Creamy Paremsean Tuna Helper (all carried across by me) and cooked by Jasin. The animals we saw included a moose, some otters, some very cheeky chipmunks, and lots of Bald Eagles... and some Canadians. We had a great time, read several entertaining books, and RELAXED!
No comments:
Post a Comment